Saturday, May 10, 2008

SUSAN ROCES: QUEEN OF PHILIPPINE MOVIES



FAIRY QUEEN SUSAN


Lovely AS AN ANGEL…

Haunting as a dream.

Your face is like the dawning day,

You are fairer than words can say;

Your smile is like the smile of morn,

So tender though you thrive in thorn.

Your pretty petals pink in hue,

Are nightly bathed with falling due;

Your slender stem swings as a breeze

SENDS forth a hasty, stolen kiss.

Sweet mountains primrose you are called,

A flower-princess clad in gold;

Oh, had I been the king of men,

I’d make you, dear, my lovely queen.

To my eyes, you are a ruby;

To my fancy you’re a jade—

With a crown of love and glory

Shining bright upon your head.

In you I see a lost horizon

In the offing of my dreams;

Yes, I find that fading vision

Of a pearl among old gems.

I behold you, scented maiden

In a web of plastic ray;

See your smile that’s partly hidden

Wonder whether ‘tis for me.


(This poem was written by NICOLAS MINOZA, JR. of the University of the East, Manila, published in the SCREEN STARDOM Magazine, Volume IV, No. 1, issued onFebruary 1965).

Thanks to Bing Manalo of Susan Roces yahoogroup for the above photos.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful indeed! really,the face that refreshes. The present breed of stars has no such face!

Unknown said...

Agree ako that there is no such face in that industry that can refresh only with the Da Queen!